We currently have an urgent requirment for an Infrastructure Manager to join a market leading company based in Birmingham. My client is seeking the services of an experienced Infrastructure Manager to provide Operational Support, Advice and Guidance for current and future strategies and processes.
You will be a "tenacious completer" that is also responsible for ensuring your engineering team are aligned and prioritised to meet live system SLA's and KPI targets.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management and leadership of Hosting, Storage and Maintenance Services ensuring your team of Engineers and Technicians provide quality driven, high-level technical maintenance of the Server, Hosting and Storage estate circa 1000+ Servers across 3 datacentres.
Your key responsibilities will require you to:
- Take an active, lead role in the development and implementation of team service/operational improvement plans and technical refresh/remediation plans, owning them through to a successful outcome
- Support planning and implementation of the wider Hosting & Storage Service changes, plans and initiatives
- Working with the Head of Hosting & Storage, conduct 3rd party contract reviews, renewals and terminations
- Maintain a forward schedule of hardware and software maintenance renewals.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of Change Requests and routine maintenance activities for the team, ensuring that these activities are completed to required standards
- Plans and implements team-wide training plans, identifying skill gaps and risk areas, ensuring each role has a successor through continuous cross training activities, agreeing and sourcing relevant training material/courses to ensure the team possess the required skills and knowledge to effectively handle short and long term business goals.
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.