This is an opportunity for an experienced IT Operations Manager to work for my client in the Birmingham area. The position has become available due to an internal promotion and they now require an Infrastructure Manager with management/team leading experience to come in and lead a team.
Overall Job Purpose
The IT Operations Manager will provide a high level technical management function for Data Centre Services and its customers. The Lead position will lead the technical service management team. The Duties of the technical services team will be dispersed across operational reactive and proactive technical services providing Operational IT management across platforms, technologies and services delivered.
Main Duties Of The Job
- Day to Day BAU management of the TSM Function and its team members.
- Provide guidance and support to Technical Service Managers and Technical Specialist team in delivering a Gold standard Service to customers.
- Ensuring Technical Service Managers deliver business as usual technical operations and services for all Data Centre Customers.
- Ensuring Technical specialist team deliver pro-active and preventative maintenance to all internal and external environments.
- Ensure the TSM Function provide a supporting service to the customer account and service management team through a pro-active alignment into Data Centre Services enabling focused single points of contact to important customer accounts
- Ensure the TSM Function deliver and proactively manage IT service continuity (DR and BC) solutions for Data Centre Customers.
- Ensure the TSM function actively monitor track and record a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend Service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
- Act as an Escalation point for all Technical Service Managers where required.
- Provide input to future direction and service improvement opportunities for the Technical service management function.
- Provide input, direction and alignment to the DCS strategy roadmap.
- Provide support where required to DCS management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to Technical Service managers and Technical Specialist team members in delivering Gold Standard services to customers.
- Excellent all round IT knowledge preferably with a specialist skill set in One complete technology area (ie networking, storage, Virtualization, application, Microsoft etc)
- Excellent all round understanding of multiple technologies and the elements of an End to End service ( Workstation, application, network, virtualization, storage)
- Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
- Excellent Knowledge and understanding of full life cycle of IT service delivery in Managed services environments
- ITIL knowledge/accreditation specializing around operational Incident/Problem and change management