We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer with a strong emphasis on Virtualisation experience. My client is in the process of growing their Infrastructure team and require a passionate Engineer who would like to develop their technical expertise further.
The key objective of the role is the support and administration of the Virtualised estates in an efficient and timely manner such that SLA targets are met and customers are satisfied. The engineer will work within a team interfacing with other internal and external support teams. The relationship between teams and mindfulness of technical dependencies and consequences ensures impact to the customers’ business is minimal.
- Detailed technical knowledge of MS Directory Services, VMWare, Hyper-V and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
- Technical knowledge of virtualisation technologies (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, DRS, vMotion, HA, SRM, SCVMM, Hyper-V)
- Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMware and Hyper-V)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary issues
- Strong background with network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
- Experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Extensive technical experience with Microsoft Windows server operating systems