Job: Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
The Cloud Devops Engineer will be responsible for managing Azure and Amazon Web Services based systems and assisting customers in migrating existing solutions to the cloud using automation and orchestration of workloads.
They will work within a team of Architects who are looking at how we can deliver cloud solutions across Azure, AWS and Hybrid and Private Clouds in a faster, smarter and more efficient manner. A key part of the role will be understanding existing processes and identifying inefficiencies and translating them into the smooth delivery of Public Cloud Managed Services.
The position will be part of a team of Architect’s within Data Centre Services Cloud Services team, responsible for owning and driving the overall architectural strategy for all Data Centre Services customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
Main Duties of Job:
• Drive deployment of customer workloads into consuming the appropriate cloud platform using automation technologies to build and deploy both infrastructure and applications (i.e. Terraform, Ansible)
• Troubleshooting across storage and compute areas to determine optimal performance
• Set up and configuration of cloud security to ensure the platform secures customer data, is efficient, scalable and easily accessible. This includes access control, perimeter defences and intrusion detection.
• Setup and configuration of native monitoring tools such as CloudWatch and CloudTrail
• Partner with Technical Architects and stakeholders to assess technology investment recommendations
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, positive, organised and driven with a track record of delivering to tight timescales and having an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and ability to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
• Must have demonstrable Azure or AWS based cloud automation and orchestration skills and experience covering Azure Automation, PowerShell, Ansible, Python, SQS, SES, Git repository, Visual Studio, Chef, Puppet)
• Experience in orchestration covering most of Azure Virtual Machines, EC2, Containers (ECS/Instances), Azure Storage, Block/Object/File Storage (EBS/S3/EFS), Azure Backup, ASR, Azure networking and automation, AWS VPC, Load balancing, AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Azure SQL DB, Azure AD, IAM, MFA, CloudFormation, ARM, CloudWatch and Azure Portal
• Knowledgeable on costing aspects including monitoring of services as well as strategies for reduction in cost (i.e. spot instances, etc.)
• Practical experience of orchestrating and automating Hybrid cloud architectures
• Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (PRINCE2, ITIL v3)
• Exposure and experience of technical architecture frameworks including TOGAF
• Experience of developing reference architectures, standards, and frameworks
Find Your Job
Permanent11 days ago
Senior Infrastructure Engineer An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a Tech company based in Birmingham. My client has an excellent reputation for staff development and retention. They've recently won a large numbe...
Permanent21 days ago
Devops and Infrastructure Manager We are looking for a Devops and Infrastructure Manager to join our team of teams. We want you to help us build a culture of continuous improvement of our processes, infrastructure and practices around the infrastr...
Permanent7 days ago
Infrastructure Engineer (Citrix, Microsoft, Virtualisation, VDI) We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer with knowledge of Citrix products to work for a market leading company in Coventry. My client is recognised as a market lea...
Permanent21 days ago
Infrastructure Engineer (Patching Technical Lead) We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer (Patching Technical Lead) to join well established organisation in Birmingham. My client needs a capable Infrastructure Engineer. This est...