Infrastructure Engineer (Patching Technical Lead)
We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer (Patching Technical Lead) to join well established organisation in Birmingham. My client needs a capable Infrastructure Engineer.
This established and dynamic financial services organisation are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused Infrastructure Engineer to enhance their WSUS, SCCM, Patching, Applications and Server Side Support services.
- Understand patching mechanisms to a sufficient level to allow the team lead to back fill one of your patching analysts if required.
- Understand the tenable levels required to drive patching analysis and reporting
- Devise and maintain the test plan for operating system and application patching and support resolution of issues as required
- Automate patching as far as possible to achieve patching SLAs
- Work closely with the security team to produce agreed patching plan/schedule based on threat to the business and report on progress against plan
- Act as the main interface with third party patching teams and ensure they are operating in line with agreed patch plan/schedule
- Undertake adhoc patching activity in response to abnormal events or activities when required by security team
- Keep appropriate records and update documentation or checklists as applicable
- Microsoft Windows7, 8, and 10
- Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- WSUS, SCCM 2016
- Patching, MS Applications
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 with Sever 2016 expertise highly desirable
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy
- MS SQL & MS Office 365