An opportunity has arisen for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer (VMware and Exchange) to join a market leading Tech company based in Birmingham My client have been expanding gradually over the past 4 years and are now looking for somone to join their Infrastructure team. In return for your services you will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and develop your career.
|Overall Job Purpose: Infrastructure Engineers role is to manage and maintain systems/Infrastructure & Infra Applications to ensure a proactive approach delivering the best possible customer service.
|Main Duties of the Job:
• To provide remote technical support to the customer’s user base to achieve contractual Service Level Agreements
• Maintain customer VMware and other technical environments.
• Incident Management, updating calls and ownership of change control.
• Build internal/external relationships through effective methods of communication.
• Identify and work towards Service Improvements.
• Assess, prioritise and manage workload ensuring contractual obligations are achieved.
|Skills Knowledge & Experience:
· installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware within a Vmware and Exchange Server infrastructure;
· managing email, anti-spam and virus protection;
· setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords;
· monitoring server usage;
· ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers;
· suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems;
· ensuring that all IT equipment complies with industry standards;