An opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a market leading company near Birmingham City Centre. My client is looking for someone with a strong background working with Windows and Linux technologies. You will have the opportunity to work in a varied role covering BAU and project work.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Analyst to join our ever expanding business. As an Infrastructure Analyst, the role will involve:
- Ensure the network is run in a professional manner liaising with external service providers where required.
- Assist in planning and implementing new developments within the company's infrastructure.
- Liaison with 3rd party service providers hosting Web and other services, including use of AWS dashboards.
- Work closely with IT development & testing to ensure technical compatibility and performance requirements.
- Patching & maintenance of servers & systems.
- Monitoring & maintaining the security, integrity & performance of systems to provide optimal performance.
- Maintain backups & redundant systems required for Business Continuity.
As an Infrastructure Analyst , it’s important you have:
- A professional qualification demonstrating a deep understanding of core technologies.
- Experience of 3rd line or above support of multi-channel environments supporting a mix of Windows & Linux platforms.
- Experience of supporting VMWare environments (5.5/6.5) - Including build, deployment and migration.
- A deep understanding of core networking technologies and structured infrastructure.
- Experience in build and support of Windows Server technologies, Linux administration (predominantly CentOS), SQL & mySQL server support.
- Previous exposure to AWS and related services.
- Understanding of HA environments / Load Balancing