Job: IT Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Systems Administrator|
|Salary:||£38000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Systems Administrator to join a market leading Tech company near Birmingham City Centre. My client is looking for someone with a strong background working with a broad range of Infrastructure technologies to join the tean.
The position will focus on BAU and project work. This will be an ideal role for someone that is looking to move away from BAU support or just simply someone that enjoys delivering on projects and working in a varied role.
• To investigate, debug and troubleshoot performance issues across the technical estate achieving resolution with non-recurrence.
• To provide 4th line guidance and support on the capacity and overall direction of the technical estate
• To provide guidance and support to 1st/2nd/3rd line technical operatives in the company
• Solid experience of medium-to-high level network design covering the whole OSI model, including but not limited to LAN, WAN, VPN, NAT/PAT, Routing, Switch Redundancy and High Availability design patterns
• Solid experience of server virtualisation using the Microsoft stack, to include High Availability, Clustering, Virtual network performance and monitoring, 10Gb Networking, vRSS, VMQ/SR-IOV, VHDX sizing/performance, best practise.
• Expert level knowledge of Firewalls and traffic management (both hardware and software) (Sonicwall NSA Series preferably, Windows Firewall, FirewallD) to include rule configuration, port/protocol configuration, DPI, DPI/SSL, log analysis
• Fully proficient in all aspects of hardware specification, design and installation on shared storage (SAN /DAS) environments, with an emphasis on high availability, disk sizing, thin/fat provisioning, IOPS monitoring, firmware upgrades
• Experience of installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows Server based operating systems, particular emphasis on Multi Site Active Directory administration (2003 – 2012R2)
• Experience of installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux based operating with an emphasis on security hardening SCAP Profiles, SELinux security (predominantly CentOS 7)
Training and Development
Operations are expected to stay abreast of the latest developments and technologies with the windows stack (by staying certified) along with advances in hardware that could be beneficial to the overall goals. This regularly reviewed and set in objectives with the CTO
Find Your Job
Permanent12 days ago
Graduate/ Junior , IT Support Analyst, systems analyst, Systems Administrator, Hedge Funds, trading A truly exciting software house based in central London is looking for MULTIPLE graduates to join their operations team as IT SUPPORT ANALYSTS. The...
Permanent6 days ago
Systems Engineer (Wintel), 3rd Line, Sutton, £45-53K Windows Server, Citrix, AWS, Cloud, Azure, Network, Desktop, Patching, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, VMware, Scripting, PowerShell, Third Line… We currently have an opportunity with a global anal...
Permanent13 days ago
2nd Line IT Support, Crawley, £20-30K DOE IT Support, Analyst, Engineer, Windows Server, VMware, Exchange, Firewall, Citrix, Network, 2nd Line… We are currently working with a growing Crawley based Managed Service Provider who have an opportunity ...
Permanent3 days ago
Application Support Analyst plus pension, health care and 23 days holiday rising to 25 We are currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to join a company based in London and Watford. In return for your services you for an industry le...