Job: IT Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Systems Administrator|
|Salary:||£38000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Adam Straker|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Systems Administrator to join a market leading Tech company near Birmingham City Centre. My client is looking for someone with a strong background working with a broad range of Infrastructure technologies to join the tean.
The position will focus on BAU and project work. This will be an ideal role for someone that is looking to move away from BAU support or just simply someone that enjoys delivering on projects and working in a varied role.
• To investigate, debug and troubleshoot performance issues across the technical estate achieving resolution with non-recurrence.
• To provide 4th line guidance and support on the capacity and overall direction of the technical estate
• To provide guidance and support to 1st/2nd/3rd line technical operatives in the company
• Solid experience of medium-to-high level network design covering the whole OSI model, including but not limited to LAN, WAN, VPN, NAT/PAT, Routing, Switch Redundancy and High Availability design patterns
• Solid experience of server virtualisation using the Microsoft stack, to include High Availability, Clustering, Virtual network performance and monitoring, 10Gb Networking, vRSS, VMQ/SR-IOV, VHDX sizing/performance, best practise.
• Expert level knowledge of Firewalls and traffic management (both hardware and software) (Sonicwall NSA Series preferably, Windows Firewall, FirewallD) to include rule configuration, port/protocol configuration, DPI, DPI/SSL, log analysis
• Fully proficient in all aspects of hardware specification, design and installation on shared storage (SAN /DAS) environments, with an emphasis on high availability, disk sizing, thin/fat provisioning, IOPS monitoring, firmware upgrades
• Experience of installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows Server based operating systems, particular emphasis on Multi Site Active Directory administration (2003 – 2012R2)
• Experience of installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Linux based operating with an emphasis on security hardening SCAP Profiles, SELinux security (predominantly CentOS 7)
Training and Development
Operations are expected to stay abreast of the latest developments and technologies with the windows stack (by staying certified) along with advances in hardware that could be beneficial to the overall goals. This regularly reviewed and set in objectives with the CTO
Find Your Job
Permanent8 days ago
Graduate Systems Analyst (Technical Support) - Central Birmingham - to £30k Fantastic opportunity for a keen graduate with an interest in IT and a technical mind to join an award winning software / services company based in the heart of Birmingham...
Permanent8 days ago
Graduate Systems Analyst (Technical Support) - Central London - to £32k Fantastic opportunity for a keen graduate with an interest in IT and a technical mind to join an award winning software / services company based in the heart of London! With e...
Permanent11 days ago
Senior IT Services Manager An opportunity has arisen for a Senior IT Services Manager to join a small to meduim sized Tech company. My client has an excellent reputation for staff development and retention. They have recently won a large number of...
Permanent19 days ago
Account Manager, IT, Infrastructure, MSP, Egham/Field based, £25-35K base (+£10-15K OTE uncapped) Account Management, Customer Care, Customer Service, IT, MSP, Software, CRM, Managed Services, Sales… We are currently working with an international ...
Permanent19 days ago
IT Services Manager An opportunity has arisen for an IT Services Manager to join a small to meduim sized Tech company. My client has an excellent reputation for staff development and retention. They have recently won a large number of new customer...