• Acts as Technical Design Authority and represents the team at Technical Design and Governance bodies
• Provides technical leadership and direction for engineering activities across the team
• Identifies operational optimisation opportunities and develops Operational Improvement Plans
• Develops or assures High-level technical solutions provided by the team
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining overall technical design and configurations for the existing service technology
• Develops or assures Low-level technical designs for solutions provided by the team
• Develops and assures correct and relevant toolsets for the delivery of the service including monitoring, deployment, backup, reporting and other operational tools.
• Contributes to the activities relating to Strategic IT Projects including business case development, technology assessments, High Level Design work, due diligence and other activities related to the future technologies.
• Represents the teams at key ITIL Process touch points including Change Advisory Boards, Problem Management, Technical Design Authority, Major Incident Management
• Provides hands-on engineering support and expertise to complex technical activities such as Root Cause Analysis, Trouble Shooting, Project recovery/remediation plans, Technical Risk assessments, SME Consultancy and advice.