IBM ODM Engineer - Analyst - Developer
Location Dublin, Ireland
End Date/Duration 6 Months
My client are upscaling a team to handle workload expectations over next 6 months. There are major platform changes so they will increase support over projects that touch multiple customers, and products within the company.
Typical Day in the Role
Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to the clients standards, processes and best practices.
Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to the client’s specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members – no direct reporting line.
All About You
- Business rules experience – as analyst or developer
- SQL experience
- Ticketing Platform experience
- Programming language experience, analytical. More analytical, doesn’t need a background in engineering on ODN background. Writing rules not backend integration.
- Business rules analyst, may be alternative job title. Not too technical.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of IBM ODM a plus. IBM ODM: writing rules within the IDM log framework and Oracle SQL.
- Current experience in delivering technical solutions and capabilities to meet business and product strategies, including a focused relationship with technical and business providers. Financial Services or Payments experience a plus.
- Direct experience with the development of custom software applications and services across a variety of technology selections and frameworks.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with software engineering concepts and methodologies, including agile lifecycles, testing automation, and behaviour-driven development.
- Strong background in object-oriented architecture, design and development. Direct Java experience preferred. Experience with multiple OO languages a plus. No actual Java required. Tend to hire on more generic java experience as its next best fit.
- Experienced with technologies such as SQL, Oracle, business rule engines
- High-energy and detail-oriented, with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results; good at organizing and planning for several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.