Hosting & Application Engineer, SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2012, VPN, Remote Desktop Services (RDS)…
A brand new role has just been released from a successful and growing FinTech for a Hosting Infrastructure Engineer position to be based out of their office London office in the heart of the Docklands.
The successful proactive candidate will be using Remote Desktop Services (RDS) to maintain the service architecture for hosted bespoke applications – this will include migrations of AD to Windows Server 2012 and designing new SQL Server architects for HA.
Duties will including designing Microsoft SQL Server database, configuring site to site VPNs and accessing RDS environment, support the implementation team during software upgrades and installs and assist the client support team escalated support calls for the clients hosted applications.
This role will be split 50% escalated support of the hosted applications and 50% around pre sales and implementation work for varying clients.
- Proven experience within a Microsoft Windows Server Administration position
- Very good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration & Implementation with High Availability
- Experience within working a hosting environment and familiar with data centre technologies
- Understanding of VPNs and RDS
- Excellent communication – can do attitude