I am currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager to join a client based in Darlington, North East England on a 3 Month Contract
Clearance: Candidates will need to hold the BPSS (Disclosure Scotland) clearance at interview stage.
IR35 Status: This role falls inside of IR35. You will need to work through an Umbrella Company or a LTD PAYE Solution.
As the Health & Safety manager you will partner and work collaboratively with regional or programme directors to translate business priorities into health and safety activities, ensuring the organisational approach to health and safety is managed to a consistently high quality standard whilst creating a high performance health and safety culture.
- Implement business strategy and requirements in line with Highways England’s health and safety plans, ensuring that the relevant key objectives are appropriately represented in the regional or programme business plan, and met in delivery.
- Develop and manage relevant health and safety programmes, plans and initiatives to engage colleagues and ensure a consistent health and safety approach across the regional or programme business areas.
- Develop and oversee a health and safety advisory team in order to deliver high quality services that meet the needs of the regional or programme business area whilst supporting the delivery of its health and safety design, construction, operations and maintenance objectives.
- Degree (preferably in a Science or Engineering subject) or NEBOSH Diploma in health and safety and member of a recognised professional body (e.g. CMIOSH) (as required by law).
- Good knowledge of industry and health and safety legislation and its interpretation and health and safety practice in a client, infrastructure asset and employer context.
- Knowledge of governance guidelines, compliance and legislative requirements and thorough understanding of the business being supported (e.g. commercial and procurement).
- Experience implementing health and safety strategy and services into the regional business, preferably working for a major infrastructure asset owner or developer.
- Experience of working at a regional or programme management level and leading health and safety teams.
- Ability to lead a dispersed regional or programme team of individuals and create a high performing team.
- Ability to collaborate across the business and with partners to provide specialised health and safety advice.
- Ability to act as a role model, promoting a health and safety culture and related behaviours.
- High level relationship and stakeholder management skills are important.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
- Sound consulting, facilitation, and advisory skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with regional leaders and other colleagues.
Deadline for this role is 03/05/2017 at 11am