We are currently recruiting for an Head of Infrastructure Operations to join a market leading company in Coventry. My client has offices globally and they are ideally looking for someone with experience of managing teams internationally.
- Providing a single interface point for project engagements
- Provide resource and capacity planning to the PMO, Head of Projects and their team
- Ensuring that project deliverables are achieved to agreed cost, quality and time standards
- Providing transparent and accurate project reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Provide proactive system’s infrastructure management improving global systems SLAs
- Effectively manage the operational environment and technical support groups (internal & external parties)
- Ensure system reliability and security
- Ensure compliance & adherence of services against our global security and compliance standards
- Implement and manage the technical environment for systems to meet current and future requirements. This includes LAN/WAN/ WI Fi, all computer hardware (WINTEL Server) operating system, Telecom and e-mail.
- Implement processes and procedure to ensure that systems are fully secured (Backup & contingency plan)
- Supervise across the IT landscape helping others to provide excellent service in user support and computer operations.
- Ensure that adequate training and documentation is provided to support and use the systems infrastructures
- Co-ordinate with local IT teams and other stakeholders to establish and implement system standards
- Manage third party relationships for service provider partner based on signed SLA or OLA, KPI’s and regular performance review.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Extensive experience in relevant roles including time spent running IT operations including most of the following management of all site, datacentre and cloud IT infrastructures, including backend, network and front end technology across a Global secure, regulated estate
- Experience of a multi-site business
- Strong technical background in system or network management (Data centres, Windows, active directory)
- Experience of managing an internationally dispersed team of at least ten indirect employees
- Strong leadership
- ITIL and other best practice knowledge
- Comfortable with complexity / innovation and can show examples of being a solutions provider