CV Submission Deadline: Wednesday 21st March 2018 @ 1435PM
IR35 Status: INSIDE
Contract Length: ASAP to 06/10/2018
Security Clearance Level Required: BPSS with Basic Disclosure (issued by Disclosure & Barring Service or Disclosure Scotland)
- Provide current and relevant advice on the latest developments in public sector procurement.
- Prepare and deliver guidance and advice for relevant audiences.
- Provide a high level of professionalism in presentation and communication skills, working with the business and using strong and plain commercial writing and persuasive skills in order to devise, amend and obtain relevant approvals for key commercial documents.
- Execute management responsibilities effectively, working with, leading and acting as a role model for team members and colleagues, ensuring capability to achieve successful delivery throughout the commercial cycle.
- Establish a strong commercial direction and a persuasive future vision based on the new DVSA Commercial Strategy.
- Actively represent DVSA within the DfT Group Operating Model (GOM) and vice-versa in respect of all commercial matters.
- Assist with the commercial elements of migration to a new shared services platform, and drive future improvements.
- Assist in introducing a MI regime and drive improvements in the quality of MI and its use in informing commercial strategy decisions and introducing improvements.
- For requirements that are common goods and services delivered through Crown Commercial Services, the job holder will work with the DfT Category Lead in influencing the CCS approach to ensure best GOM advantage
- Lead and take responsibility for the embedding of a new DVSA Commercial Strategy and category management approach.
- Lead and take responsibility for commercial activity across a number of categories.
- Lead a Commercial Team of 11, mainly CIPS qualified/working towards, staff.
- Lead in the development of the Commercial Team in line with CO Procurement Skills and Competencies Framework through a Commercial Skills and Capability Review and Training Plan.
- Utilise own skills to develop and mentor others working in the DVSA Commercial Team and wider DVSA, ensuring a positive, professional influence.
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement and Contract Management as appropriate
- Engage and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (including, for example, internal: business partners; DfT; Crown Commercial Services; Government Digital Service). Build close and valued relationships with business owners to make sure business needs and commercial objectives are met.
- Ensure involvement of self and team in commercial planning and decisions to ensure commercial activity is maximised through effective communication and persuasion skills.
- Manage and engage with people with honesty and integrity, upholding the reputation of the Agency, Department and the Civil Service
Please apply with your latest CV to be considered.