We are currently recruiting for a Head of Architecture to join a market leading technology company in Birmingham. The Head of Architecture will provide leadership, drive and focus in the delivery, evolution and development of Cloud platform & public services.
The position will lead technical teams covering cloud platforms and will have a responsibility to ensure the platform is known, documented and aligned to good practise while developing the appropriate roadmaps to support the evolution and progress required to support business goals and growth.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Service owner including day to day management, leadership & evolution of the Technical Teams, technologies and services.
- Ensure the teams proactively manage, maintain & develop the core platform ensuring service continuity and maximum efficiency.
- Act as the most senior escalation point for any Cloud Service issues.
- Define, recommend & budget for delivery of future directions and service improvement opportunities for our Cloud Services including developing new and cutting edge technology allowing service and efficiency growth.
- Ensure the appropriate capacity and sustainability plans are in place to ensure service continuity aligned to business growth.
Additional Duties of the Job Role / Team:
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties as required.
- Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions.
- To provide proactive drive, guidance & leadership to the team in order to improve process and procedures.
- To provide technical guidance and input into ITIL process as required ensuring the right technical governance is followed.
- Provide technical guidance in improving service across various different technical platforms and technologies
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and management of technical teams.
- Excellent all round IT Infrastructure and Operations knowledge including DevOps which is a key area of growth and investment
- Excellent all round understanding of multiple technologies and the elements of an End to End service ( workstation, application, network, virtualization, storage)
- Senior level IT Management and leadership experience within a Data Centre environment
- Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to technical engineers and teams in best practice in IT operational Environments.