This opportunity is to update our Data Flow Mapping repository, which captures inter-relationships for our data, processes and systems, to ensure it contains management information, e.g. what is required under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This opportunity will also involve BAU support, e.g. training of business leads.
Who the specialist will work with
You will be working with the Data Sharing & Access team, including the National Lead for Data Flow Mapping; you will also be working with a wide range of internal business areas.
What the specialist will work on
- Ensure that our repository of Data Flow Maps can support information we are required to collect under GDPR, as well as other management information required by the business. This would involve capturing this information not only for datasets in the repository but also for those that have not yet been included in Data Flow Mapping so far.
- Undertake business-as-usual support to Data Flow Mapping, e.g. training staff to use Enterprise Architect Software and maintaining our Data Flow Mapping repository.
- Experience with using Sparx Enterprise Architect Corporate Software for data mapping.
- Experience of training staff, including non-technical staff, to use mapping software.
- Experience of maintaining, updating and quality assuring a repository of data flow maps
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of data, including both spatial and non-spatial.
- Understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Experience of working in the public sector