I am currently recruiting for a Java Front End Developer to join a client based in Sheffield, Yorkshire on a 3 Month Contract (Potential to extend to 24 Month Contract)
Clearance: Candidates will need to hold the BPSS (Disclosure Scotland) clearance at interview stage.
As a developer you will have strong skills in web development and be willing to work within multidisciplinary agile teams of developers, designers and researchers focused on one or more projects.
You will provide technical leadership, working closely with delivery managers and the wider team to ensure high quality code is delivered in line with the project goals and delivery cycles.
We expect you to be familiar with modern frameworks and languages, as well as working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code
- Understanding of TDD and BDD and experience of automated testing approaches to web services
- Experience working with UI and UX designers and translating designs to production code
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Mentor and train other developers in a non-line management capacity
- Act as a “frontend lead” on complex projects, providing support for product and delivery management and pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
- Experience mentoring or helping colleagues optimise their code
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Experience of prototyping and working closely with end users to iterate a product
- Experience of designing and consuming REST APIs
If you are interested and looking for a new contract position - then please do forward me a copy of your most recent CV.
Deadline for this role is 10/03/2016 at 9am
Look forward to hearing from you