We required an experienced Editorial Manager to join a central governmental client of ours to author the publication of a review of the evidence on the different options for decarbonising heat by:
- Assimilating evidence from technical, scientific and economic analyses, into a clear and technically accurate articulation of the main impacts, challenges and opportunities presented by heat decarbonisation
- Bringing together evidence drawn from a broad range of technical studies and economic models, including BEIS' own research and external projects.
- Assessing and editing technical detail, both quantitative and qualitative, to identify key messages and positioning in a way that is appropriate for the target audience, and consistent with the wider policy narrative
- Shaping the design of the publication, thinking creatively and deploying innovative methods for communicating complex messages, in a simple and professional way
- Creating a clear and coherent account of the evidence and issues that enables key stakeholders from across industry, academia, interest groups, and potential consumers, to engage with the key issues in relation to heat decarbonisation
The role requires a specialist with extensive experience of assimilating complex, and sometimes technical information, into professional-looking outputs that are accessible to both industry professionals and the wider public.
The role requires bringing together evidence drawn from BEIS' own technical and scientific research and economic modelling, as well as external studies. The individual should have experience asserting editorial control over technical documents to ensure the messaging is tailored to the intended audience. The position also requires someone with experience setting the creative direction for publications and an in-depth understanding of positioning documents in a way that lands key messages with stakeholders.