Health And Safety, Government, Safety, Health, Wellbeing, Stakeholder, CMIOSH
ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED OUTSIDE IR35, can operate normall via Limited Company.
This government organisation have an ambition that no-one should be harmed while working to improve, operate and maintain the strategic road network. Delivery of this ambition will require the transformation of the roads sector, this is where the Director of Safety will come in using experience from other sectors and working with the organisation and its supply chain. They will develop and execute the strategy to deliver this transformation and provide the operational health and safety support that will enable it to happen.
- To lead the development of a health and safety strategy to deliver a transformation in safety performance within the roads sector that will deliver our ambition that ‘no one should be harmed’ when working on the strategic road network.
- It is expected that this will require:
- Establishing working relationships in other sectors, particularly utility, oil and gas, and chemical sectors.
- Close liaison and work with our supply chain.
- Working within the business to consider procurement, technical standards and processes.
- To lead the 50 strong health and safety division: providing expertise to the Board and Executive, providing competent advice and support to the wider business; providing leadership and delivering safety improvements through execution of our existing 5-year plan; and owning, developing and ensuring compliance against our Health and Safety Management System.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing a high performance SH&W culture and delivering within a complex, multi-site and commercial environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of engaging with key stakeholders at the highest levels (including internal management, supply chain, enforcement authorities and regulators) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Health and Safety Perspective
- Relevant professional qualifications eg CMIOSH and significant experience post qualification
- Extensive experience working in the leadership of safety on infrastructure projects and operational environments.
- Detailed understanding of the legal context and legislative framework around health and safety within, but not exclusive to, construction, maintenance and operation of the road network
- Financial Ownership – Able to secure funding for delivery through a business case and through delivering a good pitch both internally and to our wider supply chain.
- Capable of prioritising programmes and projects and build a delivery vehicle (through collaboration with the supply chain).