CV Submission Deadline: 08/03/18 - 14:00 - Applications beyond 13:00 cannot be considered.
Clearance Required: NSV Security Clearance
- Scoping, designing and carrying out a wide range of user research and analysis activities focused on real user needs to ensure an in-depth and detailed understanding of user needs for digital services across DfT
- Planning and leading a programme of user research for a range of complex digital services and a variety of end users
- Aligning the Digital Service’s user research activities with wider departmental plans and embedding user-centred practices across the division and the wider Department
- Analysing user research data and producing evidence-based insights to inform business and technology decisions; working collaboratively and in an inclusive manner by involving teams in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions
- When carrying out user research actively seeking input from a diverse range of users including those with special access needs.
- Delivering outputs that meet accessibility needs and continuously demonstrating empathy and understanding for users issues.
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of digital services.
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
- Working with Service Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high-quality stimulus material
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.