ROLE HAS BEEN DEEMED OUTSIDE IR35, so you can operate via limited company.
This specialised high security government organisation is undertaking a discovery phase project to conduct user research to determine the direction of digital marine plan services. The discovery phase will identify the user need for the services, confirm their identity and map their user journey.
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to deliver the project discovery phase.
- Carrying out user research activities: Recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues and the service team to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs including presentations at show and tells, designing and maintaining research outputs on the team wall, creating formal reports.
- Extensive experience of conducting user research (e.g. guerrilla/pop-up testing, interviewing, and focus groups) and usability (lab) test sessions
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to see the bigger picture and translate business issues and needs into relevant, actionable research plans and objectives
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Extensive experience of the research process, including drafting discussion guides, recruiting respondents, organising test venues and mobilising resources
- Experience of working with users and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in working with those new to user research.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to present research findings in a creative and compelling way
- Full understanding and demonstrable experience of research methodologies. Capability to select best technique. E.g. Qualitative: in-depth interview, usability testing, and contextual enquiry. Quantitative: bench-marking survey, web analytics
- Experience of working on services which align to the Government Digital Service’s Design Principles and Digital Service Standard
User Researcher, Digital, Government, Agile, GDS, Government Digital Standards, Research,