The agile tester will be embedded in a cross-functional delivery team and will be expected to help the team with all aspects of quality assurance encouraging the team to take joint responsibility for quality and helping to define the definition of done from a quality assurance perspective.
The tester will be fully hands-on testing functional and technical tickets, also expected to be working within delivery team participating in all estimation and planning sessions, defining and creating acceptance test criteria using Gherkin natural language.
The candidate will be expected to have some automation skills with experience of working closely with developers to create/maintain and review automation tests.
The candidate will have an interest in all aspects of testing and will be able to demonstrate this through attendance of conferences, courses and following test blogs and forums and be confident in advising on automation tools and testing practices.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- A computer-related degree - Graduates with technical degrees (i.e. Mathematics, Physics) will also be considered.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a QA Tester (manual/automated testing)
- Experience of working on delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in using exploratory testing techniques (Session-based testing, Test charters etc.)
- Takes an active interest in the testing community via blogs, forums and conferences
- Able to work unsupervised, prioritising their own time and activities.
- Experience of facilitating or participating in Specification workshops (three amigos/power of three).
- API testing - Web service and RESTful (using SoapUI, Postman etc) - (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of performance testing or performance monitoring tools.
- Experience of using Jira for defect management and reporting.
- Use of Sessions for Jira for exploratory testing.
- Test Driven and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD & BDD)
- Experience of log analysis aggregation tools such as Splunk or Kibana.
- Expected to be ISTQB and/or Agile Tester certified.
- Automation tool (e.g. Selenium/ WebDriver) Jira & Confluence