IR35: This requirement has now been deemed In Scope by the Contracting Body, to proceed with this opportunity you would need to go through an Umbrella company or Payroll solution.
Clearance Level Required: Disclosure Scotland (Candidates will need to be willing to undergo a Disclosure Scotland check at interview stage.)
As the Digital Dev Ops you will have knowledge in the following requirements:
- Experience in Linux system administration / Management, preferably RHEL
- Experience configuring and managing / System administration of Linux servers for serving web / integration development, testing and production services
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to tailor communication both to business and technical audiences as well as to various roles and levels in the organization is essential. The successful candidate will demonstrate visual and written communication as well as verbal and white-board skills
- Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and the relevant tooling i.e. Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve best possible performance and capacity
- Experience with Release and Configuration Management processes
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools
- Experience managing and deploying on Cloud based platforms
- Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Excellent environment management, automation and scripting skills e.g. shell or PERL scripts
- Experience in leading a technical team and defining / improving service processes and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience debugging a complex multi-server service
- Experience sharing knowledge and excellent mentoring and coaching skills
- Experience with J2EE application servers e.g. JBOSS, etc.; relational databases e.g. Oracle, etc.; Micro Services environment e.g. Docker, Play, etc. would be very beneficial.
- Familiarity with Web Servers e.g. Apache, etc.; WSO2, integration middleware, messaging, ESB, API management common web application / integration architectures (SOA)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and developing product roadmaps, backlogs and measurable success criteria, and of writing user stories, i.e. can establish a path to delivery for breaking down stories
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to development team;
- Experience with the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- Working within a product-centric environment
- Breadth of experience with strengths in application programming, security, operations, networking and APIs and API design.
- Fundamentals of software engineering and application architecture
- Experience with open source solutions and community.
If you are interested and looking for your next role please apply with an updated CV.
Deadline for CV submittal is: Monday 22nd May at 11:00am