We are currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a governmental client of ours based in London on an initial 12-month contract.
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 9th March 2018 @ 12:00PM
Security Clearance Level Required: If successful, the candidate will be required to apply for Security Check (SC) clearance once started; sponsored by the client - SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy, candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
- DevOps & ProdOps best practises commensurate with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional websites and webs services.
- Application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using micro-service architecture.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- Administration and build of RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies (e.g MongodB, MySQL).
- Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
- Installation, configuration and management of open source monitoring tools.
- Deploying and configuring virtual machines in a hosted environment.
- 3rd Line technical support to Production Operations (24x7 on call).
- Ideally, you will have been a lead DevOps, working on a major project or programme with experience in defining DevOps architectures, target operating models and providing thought leadership to other DevOps team members.
- You will have significant demonstrable experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
- Previous experience in building and supporting high volume, public, transactional production platforms and sophisticated automated DevOps environments is essential.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environment management.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications.
- Good experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
- Scripting and object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience with automated testing tools relevant to infrastructure integrity.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service based on a micro-service architecture.
- An understanding of common web application architectures and design patterns.
- Good experience in network protocols and their appropriate use.
- Operations team experience
Please apply with your updated CV to be considered and I shall be in touch.