This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the newly created in house support team. This role will cover a complex mixture of environments and technologies, both for new requirements and from a support perspective (mobile services on tablets, vehicles and laptops) it is a very unique exciting opportunity to be part of the start of this project.
This is a hands-on role in a demanding and rewarding environment, with many opportunities to learn more about surrounding technologies (networks, security, mobile, agile DevOps toolsets, development standards) etc.
The Dev ops team overall support development and staging environments as well as a large and complex ESB within the production environment whilst forming part of the in house support team, which also comprises L2 and L3 agile code development team(s). The in house support team is small and closely knit, we would expect the successful candidate to be able to turn their hand to most things with the DevOps sphere.
This is a role within a DevOps team allowing in house development applications for core activities using desktop and Mobile applications. All the operational service delivery aspects need to be designed and implemented, and will be the main focus of this role. Development and release management, deployment, monitoring, alerting etc. all need some development, design and built up to production level which is scalable. This person must have prior experience in this area and most importantly have the right ‘can do’ attitude and mind-set towards challenges varying of a daily basis (which also makes the role very interesting in return).
While the technology stack we run in house is vast we don’t expect the person to have in depth knowledge in all of it. We will require this DevOps Engineer to fit in with the team and make a positive contribution to the success of the team, manage & deploy our applications both in development as well as production.
The following would be must have for the role:
- At least 3 years hands on experience and proven track record with Linux from Infrastructure management (system administration - Ubuntu preferred, CentOS or Redhat), engineering through to architecture.
- Hands on experience and proven track record of on premise Virtualisation hosting platforms design, implementation and administration on at least two large scale projects with OpenStack being of huge benefit.
- Hands on experience and proven track record with CI Components, build and package management, quality assurance, automated testing and change control.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with open source SDLC toolset, including Atlassian toolset, Jira, Confluence, Stash/Git, Jenkins. Ability to communicate and assist developers and senior leadership with regards to future requirements and ongoing issues.
- Extensive proven hands on exposure to a variety of open source libraries and tools.
- Experience with Environment provisioning & software roll out using modern configuration and orchestration tools on complex environments - Puppet in particular, Heat advantageous.
- Experience of working on modern web and mobile application infrastructure.
- Effectively escalate & liaise with 3rd line support and/or customer until fault resolution.
- GitHub account where previous work can be reviewed prior to an interview
- A programming background preferable Java, Ruby or Python.