We are currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join a market leading IT company in Manchester. My client has an oustanding track record for staff retention and staff development. They have consistenlty been recoginsed by THE TIMES as one of best companies to work for in the UK.
The role will involve creating services around Continuous Integration and Continue Delivery Pipelines, Configuration Management Solutions and Application Performance Management Systems.
You will also need to work closely with other departments to hand over newly developed services and products, ensuring the transition of the service or product into BAU, is smooth and promoted in a positive way.
About the Role
- Assess and Evaluate the use of Public Cloud and DevOps tools and solutions
- Design and Develop Services to be delivered to customers based on those tools and solutions
- Create and maintain any necessary documentation for new services.
- Work with other departments on the smooth transition of new services into BAU.
- Work with customers to understand objectives for new solutions and help to deliver those objectives
- Provide Technical Support to other members of the team.
- Develop Automated Build Scripts and Procedures
- Develop Product Integrations with 3rd party software and APIs
- Strong Experience in a DevOps or System Engineer role.
- Vendor Certification in either AWS or Azure.
- At least two years of hands-on experience with AWS or Azure.
- Hands on experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Knowledge of automation for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure architecture and security best practices.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Understanding of Containerisation and Microservices deployments.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Cassandra, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB, etc.) Maven, Jenkins,
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to help develop services based on those technologies.
- Good documentation skills
- Time management to achieve product launch dates and version release deadlines
- Agile to respond to market and customer needs at any given time