I am currently recruiting for a Linux Dev Ops Engineer to join a client based in London on an initial 6 Month Contract.
Clearance: This role requires candidates to hold a current SC Clearance, or be eligible to obtain the clearance.
This is a role within a DevOps team allowing in house development of Java applications for core activities using Desktop and Mobile applications, MongoDB and Postgres databases, and a SOA bus developed in Redhat Fabric8 technology to be moved into Production.
All the operational service delivery aspects need to be designed and implemented, and will be the main focus of this role. Development and release management, deployment, monitoring, alerting etc. all need some development, design and built up to production level which is scalable.
The technology stack is not set in stone so you will be expected to advise and implement on strategies and toolsets that are a better fit.
As the Senior DevOps Engineer you will overhaul & orchestrate the way we develop, manage & deploy our applications both in development as well as production.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of customer requirements to produce maintainable designs, develop and deliver work to schedule, participate in code and documentation reviews, provide estimate for tasks, provide input to technical authors producing documentation and be expected to work with support engineers on customer issues.
- Ability to work in a team and on their own initiative, have an eye for detail and good at identifying problems whilst suggesting prospective solutions.
- Perform third party software integrations.
Essential Key Skills Required:
- At least 5 years hands on experience and proven track record with Linux from Infrastructure management (system administration - Ubuntu preferred, CentOS or Redhat), engineering through to architecture.
- Hands on experience and proven track record of on premise Virtualisation hosting platforms design, implementation and administration on at least two large scale projects with OpenStack being of huge benefit.
- Hands on experience and proven track record with CI Components, build and package management, quality assurance, automated testing and change control.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with open source SDLC toolset, including Atlassian toolset, Jira, Confluence, Stash/Git, Jenkins. Ability to communicate and assist developers and senior leadership with regards to future requirements and ongoing issues.
- Extensive proven hands on exposure to a variety of open source libraries and tools.
- Experience with Environment provisioning & software roll out using modern configuration and orchestration tools on complex environments - Puppet in particular, Heat advantageous.
- Experience of working on modern web and mobile application infrastructure.
Look forward to hearing from you.