This exciting government organisation are currently going through a major IT Architectural change, a Senior DevOps engineer is required to build and deploy their major web driven services part of a integration across multiple platforms and environment. This specialist will have a strong background in DevOps technologies and be confident in a senior role with some exposure in a lead position
- This specialist will work with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional web sites and webs services.
- Work part of the clients application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using a micro-service architecture.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process.
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef.
- Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation.
- Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
- A strong DevOps specialist who has worked on a major project or programme with experience in defining DevOps architectures
- Experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
- Strong, demonstrable experience in AWS, Puppet and Terraform
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environment management.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications
- Good experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
- Scripting and object oriented programming skills.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- An understanding of common web application architectures and design patterns
DevOps, DevOpS Engineer, Dev Ops, Web, Puppet, Chef, AWS, Terraform, Java, Software Engineer,