We currently have an urgent requirement for a Desktop Support Engineer to join a market leading company based in Coventry. My client is a globally recognised brand who are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation.
- Provide world class customer focused desktop support to VIP and standard business users across various locations
- Install, set up, update, troubleshoot and resolve issues on laptops, desktops, printers, smart devices (tablets and mobiles) and telephony equipment
- Some of the applications supported will be Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Office suite, Adobe products, VPN client, Citrix and other bespoke software residing on the local machines
- Provide hands on support for local backup systems (change tapes, physical troubleshooting, restores and monitoring).
- Data issues on end-users computers (integrity checks, transfer, restore)
- Assist Service desk by producing knowledge articles to help improve first time fix rate
- Create support documentation to improve departmental knowledge on bespoke systems
- Work closely with the own team, internal support teams and third party suppliers to troubleshoot complex issues
- Excellent customer service skills with 3 - 5 years of technical support in a Windows environment including desktops, laptops, printers, desktop software, applications and tools.
- Experience of troubleshooting/supporting technologies such as netbackup/MDT and Sharepoint.
- Experience of supporting VIP users is essential
- ITIL V3 Awareness
- Must have previous experience of having worked in a large organization supporting 10,000+ user base across various locations
- Proven commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience of supporting bespoke applications, with the mentality to think outside the box.