Up to £32,000 per year – added benefits including 25 days holiday and pension contribution
An exciting opportunity has recently become available at a market leading organisation for the role of Desktop Support.
The role is ideally suited to any individuals with previous Desktop Support experience with a focus upon hardware.
This opportunity represents a chance to become part of a forward thinking, dynamic and market leading organisation that offers fantastic career progression.
- Provide world class customer focused desktop support to VIP and standard business users across various locations
- Install, set up, update, troubleshoot and resolve issues on laptops, desktops, printers, smart devices (tablets and mobiles) and telephony equipment
- Some of the applications supported will be Windows 7, Windows 10, MS Office suite, Adobe products, VPN client, Citrix and other bespoke software residing on the local machines
- Provide hands on support for local backup systems (change tapes, physical troubleshooting, restores and monitoring).
- Data issues on end-users computers (integrity checks, transfer, restore)
- Assist Servicedesk by producing knowledge articles to help improve first time fix rate
- Create support documentation to improve departmental knowledge on bespoke systems
- Work closely with the own team, internal support teams and third party suppliers to troubleshoot complex issues
- Support Starter/leaver process
- Regular management of incidents and service requests on company call logging tool to ensure adherence to agreed SLA’s
- Review and technically approve localised supplier contracts
- Support project teams when required
- Flexibility to provide out of hours cover when required
- Identify and support process improvement across team
- Excellent customer service skills in a Windows environment including desktops, laptops, printers, desktop software, applications and tools.
- Experience of troubleshooting/supporting technologies such as netbackup/MDT and Sharepoint.
- Experience of supporting VIP users is essential
- ITIL V3 Awareness
- Must have previous experience of having worked in a large organization supporting 10,000+ user base across various locations
- Proven commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience of supporting bespoke applications, with the mentality to think outside the box.
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Smart presentable with strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and others)
- Experience of setting up and supporting smart devices such as MS Surface Pro and IPad/Mobiles.
- Driven, can do attitude with the ability to work on multiple priorities
- Experience working as part of a team or as an individual
- Travel will be required across sites
- Participation in team on-call Rota
If this job appeals to you then contact me ASAP.
Agency - Monarch IT
Contact – Liam Colesby
Telephone – 0121 237 3357