What the Delivery Infrastructure Architect will work on
This specialised position on a large scale IT change programme combining in house delivery groups supplemented by external suppliers and procured Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software. This IT Change project is being deemed as the Customs Declaration Services (CDS), the CDS will be delivered a strategically important programme for this government organisation and is driven by the principal need to replace and decommission the CHIEF (Customs Handling of Import/Export Freight) system.
The Delivery Infrastructure Architect will work in one of the four Agile Release Trains (ARTs) who will operate at the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) programme level and provide architectural direction for their ART.The Delivery Infrastructure Architect is expected to work closely with the other Delivery Architects assigned to the three other ARTs, to discuss/agree/produce integration patterns.
Skills and Experience
- Deep experience and understanding of DevOps methodology and its practical implementation at a corporate level
- Cloud implementation experience e.g. AWS, AZURE etc.
- Proven ability to think at abstract, strategic levels and relate to practical needs of software engineers. Analyse complex multi-dimensional requirements and map to technical design and architecture.
- Strong design and implementation experience with SOA, messaging, middleware and infrastructure, user and machine APIs, as well as related networking and security technologies. Product and protocol experience on messaging and SOA technologies. Experience in industry standard integration protocols, formats, Security standards and transport mechanisms.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and developing product roadmaps, backlogs and measurable success criteria, and of writing user stories, i.e. can establish a path to delivery for breaking down stories
- Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and the relevant tooling i.e. Ansible
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Experience developing and using public and private web-based APIs,security and performance issues
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Breadth of experience with strengths in security, operations, networking and APIs and API design.
- Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing complex software systems and building and scaling high-traffic websites / services
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language preferably Java
Infrastructure Architect, Delivery Architect, Technical Architect, Software Architect, COTS, DevOps, AWS, Azure, SOA, Service Orientated Architecture, Agile, TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, TCP, SSL, Web, Java