IR35 Status: Outside IR35 Legislation
Clearance Required: SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it.
Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Capture and analysis of storage requirements that applications will place on the storage subsystem, including capacity, QoS, fault tolerance, availability and access control.
- Design and specification of storage services to meet application & users’ needs.
- Clearly document the high and low-level storage design and configuration.
- Ensure that storage meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Creation of storage configuration templates and scripts for repeatable automated deployment.
- Participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate storage proposals and validate proposed approaches.
- Working in cooperation with testing to ensuring the quality of the resulting services.
- Ensure that storage design complies with Home Office and Government standards.
- Design and implementation of storage services that will support Home Office adoption of public and private cloud services.
- In-depth understanding of storage concepts, SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
- Storage design and implementation in support of physical and virtualised environments.
- Diagnosing and resolving storage issues impacting Home Office users.
- Creation of High Level and Low-Level designs for storage services.
- Experience of the design and implementation of multitenant storage solutions.
- Contribution to solutions designs understanding the storage integration points in the end to end solution.
- Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the Home Office, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
- Making sure that the recommended solution is optimal.
- Acting as an interface between storage team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams.
- Must have SC Clearance
- In depth enterprise storage experience on EMC, NetApp and Data Domain.
- Experience in the design and configuration of storage to support both physical and virtual environments, e.g. VMware, Hyper-V and OpenStack.
- Experience of design of storage in cloud environments, e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
- Experience of working on a transformation project
- Familiar with ITIL processes.
- Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments.
- Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration Continuous delivery environments.
- Expose to storage in hyper-converged environments.
- Exposure to containerised environments.
- Storage vendor training certificates
- Bachelor’s degree in any field or relevant demonstrable experience