A leading UK manufacturing company based in Coventry is looking for a Data Analyst to join their Digital Engineering department. This will involve developing and running projects in the Data & Information Systems research area. The company are one of the largest in the public sector in the UK manufacturing industry. This role is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of that.
This role will be perfect for an up and coming Data Analyst who wants to be a part of a large, growing and dedicated Digital Engineering team.
- To undertake research work focused on the Manufacturing Capability Readiness Levels
- To support the Technology manager
- To support the Data & Information Systems in the development and deployment of manufacturing enterprise systems
- Developing research proposals for projects to meet clients need
- Promoting the company’s capabilities through presentations and publications in International Journals.
- At least 5 or more years recent and substantial work experience on relevant manufacturing systems
- Relevant industrial experience of enterprise system deployments (i.e. MES, MRP, ERP, SCADA, etc)
- Experience using SQL, for data extraction and management (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience and detailed knowledge of at least one of the high level programming languages (Java, C/C++ or C#)
- Knowledge of data sources, No SQL and open source technology such as Apache Hadoop, Storm
- Knowledge of ISA 95
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work independently and also work part as a team
- Demonstrating self-motivation