We are currently recruiting for a Customer Services Team Leader to join a FinTech company in Coventry. Based within walking distance from Coventry station the Customer Services Team Leader will have responsibility for building a team of up to 8 customer service representatives from the ground up.
It is an exciting time for our business at the moment and we are looking for an experienced Team Leader to help build and shape our customer service department. As a key part of the customer service team you’ll be ensuring our teams are delivering the best possible service and will be always looking at ways to improve the customer experience.
To succeed in this role you will need to be a positive and intuitive person who is able to display flexibility and adaptability at all times in response to a challenging and changing environment. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who has a passion for technology and has the drive and enthusiasm to create a strong, energised and customer focussed team.
Skills and experience
- Previous team leader or team management experience within a customer service / contact centre environment
- Natural leadership skills with a hands-on approach
- Proven ability in improving team performance through coaching and development
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced heavily regulated and process driven environment.
- Well organised, with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
- Strategic thinker, creative and flexible - ability to present concepts in a simple clear way.
- Strong people skills with an ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to drive continuous improvement
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Have a full understanding of the business, its products and services and its strategy at all times
- Strategically lead, manage and develop a team of up to 8 customer service agents to ensure they are capable of delivering consistent service excellence
- Take personal accountability and manage team performance to ensure team targets, KPI’s are met
- Conduct regular 121’s, performance reviews and team meetings
- Provide the team with regular coaching, training and training materials to maintain knowledge and ensure consistency
- Be accountable for team engagement through leading by example
- Prioritise and manage work streams and staffing levels to ensure optimum productivity
- Document and review department processes and procedures
- Maintain an up to date knowledge base.
- Establish the best ways of working and drive continuous operational and customer satisfaction improvements
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed at all times