There has never been a more interesting time to join the Communications and Engagement Team at the Government Legal Department. The work of government lawyers reaches through most areas of life, from roads and rivers, health and human rights, to finance and, of course, Brexit. And as well as dealing with all these issues, we are about to embark on our most ambitious relocation project to date, moving 800 staff out of our current headquarters into a new ‘justice hub’ in central London.
We are looking to appoint an experienced professional communicator to plan and deliver all aspects of the communications and engagement work that will be needed to help introduce and embed the culture change necessary in completing the move. A significant element of the role will be to deliver the ‘hearts and minds’ change that will be needed.
The post You will develop and deliver the communication and engagement strategy to be undertaken at all levels of the department including senior directors, the Directors General and Permanent Secretary. You will need to be able to act as a trusted adviser to the senior management team, but you will also need to be willing to be a hands-on member of the Future Accommodation Team. Specific responsibilities and tasks:
- Act as an engagement manager for the project, working closely with the project team to support the whole approach to the move.
- Support individuals, teams and the department as a whole in the lead up to, during and following the move.
- Set up and deliver face to face engagement with moving teams to discuss and address concerns
- Set up site visits for the moving teams (in liaison with the Head of Future Accommodation)
- Produce all communications materials related to the move including briefing on the new accommodation, what to expect, what to do on day 1 scripts for managers, guidance on new working practices, design products to accompany the briefings and scripts, newsletters with updates and guidance in the run-up to the move
- Evaluate success of the above activities, revising approach and incorporating lessons into ongoing and planned activities
- An experienced professional communicator with experience of planning and delivering all aspects of a communications and engagement campaign focused on that culture change and delivering ‘hearts and minds’.