The IT Service Creation team is leading the technical transformation of digital services across this government organisation. The services they develop must have a much lower cost of operation than at present. Key deliverables will include managing Products rather than Projects, managing for business outcomes rather than task completion, using experiments and data rather than big up front specs and empowered teams that make decisions rather than a command and control structure. The IT Service Creation Senior Management team includes the Heads of Software, Infrastructure, Quality Engineering, Portfolio & Program Management and Business Analysis
- This requirement is for an Agile and Digital Transformation Lead operating at an enterprise level.
- For this requirement the Specialist will need to operate at the senior management level to embed and champion this role across senior levels in the Agency and cross government and also coach and mentor a newly recruited senior manager.
- The specialist will have significant experience of operating at a senior level and will be an expert and recognised authority in agile methodology and implementation at scale within complex digital organisations.
- The basic operating model for IT Service Creation has been implemented but more experience around the implementation of Agile at scale is required.
- We currently have 20+ engineering squads, each of which is responsible for a particular product or set of services, and 3 Portfolio teams that lead cross squad initiatives to deliver business outcomes.
Agile Coach, Scrum, Government