This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Sector||Infrastructure & Cloud|
|Salary||£35000 - £41000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
Network Engineer part home based
A market leading company with offices across the UK are currently seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join them asap. My client works with the latest technologies and will provide candidates with an ideal platform to develop their careers. In reward for your services you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of complex projects with a focus on design/architecture and implementation.
To provide customer focused Cisco certified networks support, administering data networks at all layers, plus some basic management and administration of Avaya and Mitel Telecommunication’s systems.
The role involves managing all aspects of the data network from physical port and connectivity, VLAN administration, layer-3 routing, performance maintenance and firewall administration. The telecommunications support involves the management and configuration of the hand-sets, connectivity, patching and initial diagnosis.
Disciplined and methodical approach to trouble-shooting and system change is an essential part of the role to ensure consistent, secure and reliable infrastructures are developed and maintained.
There is a strong team culture and the role involves mentoring and assisting members of the IT Service Desk team to ensure cover and some element of resilience in skills and knowledge within the team.
The role reports to the on-site Service Delivery Manager/IT Manager and supporting the on-site account management team with projects, developments and proposals.
- Resident network technical expert
- Daily operational support and administration activities
- Network technical lead on strategic IT projects
- Key network and telecoms technical lead during “major” incidents
- Shaping an IT service delivery strategy from a technical perspective
- Supporting the IT Service Delivery Managers in achieving the account goals and meeting the contractual obligations
- Liaising extensively with external or internal clients to map network requirements
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems;
- Understanding Network solutions, appliances, software and development lifecycles
What we are looking for
- Minimum CCNA Certification
- Extensive Cisco network installation, configuration and maintenance experience
- Provide technical network installations and testing according to design documentation and project planning
- Diagnose faults with customer networks and rectifying within the agreed SLAs
- Monitor and maintain the internal IT networks, systems and perimeters
- Access list / firewall administration
Any of the following would be advantageous but are not essential -
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) Certification
- Avaya or Mitel Telecommunication experience or certification
- Monitoring and maintenance of internal Avaya or Mitel Telecommunication Systems
- Experience configuring and managing network elements
- ITIL Foundation Level (v2 or 3)
- VOIP networking
- Experience operating in a change control and configuration management environment