This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Sector||Infrastructure & Cloud|
|Salary||£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
Infrastructure Technical Lead (Cloud and Devops)
An opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Technical Lead (Cloud and Devops) at one of the UK's most exciting IT companies. My client is looking for someone with a strong background working with a broad range of Infrastructure technologies. The position will focus on project work, from initial design right through to implementation. This will be an ideal role for someone that is looking to move away from BAU support or just simply someone that enjoys delivering on projects and working in a varied role.
• This is a “hands-on” technical expertise and lead position that requires senior level knowledge on Infrastructure technologies and operating systems.
• Act as the primary technical escalation point for major incidents related to the Infrastructure service delivery from the datacentre and customer sites
• Supporting the Infrastructure Application team in the advanced troubleshooting of customer’s environments.
• Providing Technical leadership and guidance for Infrastructure team.
• Perform basic team personnel HR administration tasks
• Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels
• Perform Technical root cause analysis on reoccurring incidents
• Assist engagement with projects to ensure designs of technical solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
• An excellent understanding and practical knowledge within a number of the following technologies:
o Microsoft server products (Windows 2003 to 2012 R2, Core to Datacentre)
o Microsoft AD (Active Directory) and integrated elements/processes such as DNS, GPO, AD DS and RBAC.
o DHCP Server (Microsoft)
o SCCM including patch management, build image and application deployment
o AV (Anti-Virus with key products being McAfee & Symantec)
o Web Filtering (WebSense/Symantec/TMG/etc.)
o Endpoint Encryption (Symantec)
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Server Hardware (HP/IBM/Dell/Cisco)
o VMware / Hyper-V
• Appropriate certifications or experience in core technology platforms
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider