This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Sector||Infrastructure & Cloud|
|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
An opportunity has arisen for a Infrastructure Engineer to join a FTSE 250 company based in Birmingham. My client has an excellent reputation for staff development and retention.
Ther ole of the EUS Engineer is to provide IT support for EUS covers all end user devices, Mobile, Tablet, PC, etc. EUS Engineers will handle technical incidentsand requests, and where appropriate, provide an interface for other activitiessuch as IT Service Desk, Incident Management, Change Management, ProblemManagement and Service Delivery Management. The EUS Engineer and willcontribute to the maintenance of and adherence to the operational processes,toolsets and procedures.
• Supports the EUS Infrastructure Manager and the Principal Engineers in the development and implementation of team, departmental and business wide service improvement plans and technical refresh/remediation plans
• Supports the planning and implementation of the EUS strategic plans.
• Carry out Root Cause Analysis activities for the team.
• Applies effective personal Time Management and Planning to ensure all duties and activities are completed in a timely manner, proactively notifying others of any changes to completion times/dates.
• Forward-plans and schedules meetings and engagements with others to ensure high attendance
• Plans and prioritises tasks and activities such that regular attendance is maintained at Operational and Team meetings and other key or mandatory meetings
• Work with the EUS Team Leader to design the cost and pricing structure for solutions provided to the end customer though in house or 3rd Party resource
• Supports the EUS Team Leader in the delivery of and adherence to departmental budgets
• Assist in the production of quotes and solution pricing for the business
• Assist in the delivery of the departmental budgets by highlighting cost savings where identified, and ensuring that all works are priced correctly and delivered efficiently and effectively Keeps accurate time and attendance records including time-recording for Projects
Essential Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• End point device hardware knowledge (HP, Dell, Samsung, Microsoft, Apple)
• Accessing and configuring Firmware/BIOS to set standards
• Operating System exposure - install/update/remediate (Microsoft Windows XP/7/10)
• End point software suites - install/update/remediate (Microsoft Office 2007/10/13/16, Microsoft Office365)
• Mobile Device Management Enterprise experience - device enroll/un-enroll (AirWatch, Microsoft Intune)