This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Salary||£70000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
Salary: £70,000 + car allowance and other great benefits
Monarch IT is currently working with a large public services provider based in West Midlands.
The company prides themselves for making a positive difference to people’s lives and to the safety and security of the country.
As a SOC Manager will be responsible for all aspects of people and service management relating to the SOC. You will have a strong relationship with various heads within security, global leads and external auditors.
- Have full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the SOC, its systems, personnel and functions and ensure procedures and protocols are in place that enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, events, notifications, calls and other activities related to the SOC and its role as a central monitoring station.
- Manage SOC personnel work patterns, provide direction on a day-to-day basis, and oversee and drive training of staff to ensure the highest levels of competency
- Ensure all verified incidents are managed through the ITSS Incident Management function and provide direct communications for all critical items requiring the attention of senior management through the Head of Security.
- Perform analysis, planning, and provide direction in order to ensure that the GSOC is delivering maximum value to the business and provide training and develop Standard Operating Procedures for personnel assigned to the GSOC to facilitate effective performance.
- Strong experience with Incident Management & Response
- Experience with security device Management, SIEM and Vulnerability Management
- Experience with threat management
- Great leadership skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- In possession of CISSP or CISM certification