Infrastructure Technical Specialist
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Sector||Infrastructure & Cloud|
|Salary||£40000 - £46500 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits|
Infrastructure Engineer (flexible hours and home working) plus 10% bonus, 25 days holiday, pension and healthcare
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a market leading company in Worcester.
Working within the Insurance sector as a member of a successful, highly technical team you will be involved in the design, deployment and support of advanced highly-available infrastructures to ensure service availability and successful delivery of solutions. To fulfill the role you must have a strong background in networks, virtualisation, storage and Windows/Linux server operating systems backed by a good understanding of security principles.
This role is as a member of a highly skilled and technically able team responsible for the design, implementation and third-line support of a wide range of Hosted and locally deployed infrastructure solutions. You will be exposed to a broad range of industry leading technology and your focus will be the management and support of key technologies including VMware, load balancing and clustering, Windows and Linux high availability, Citrix, VoIP, Microsoft Exchange and SQL, MySQL and enterprise storage systems. Personal development is key within the team and opportunities to expand skillsets are regularly available and supported.
- Management of enterprise Hosted and Internal solutions (as necessary) and associated network technologies
- Maintain a broad understanding of technology
- Provide third line support to escalations from the level two SOC team
- Protect integrity of environments to ensure maximum stability and availability
- Follow change management procedures
- Delivery of Hosted and Internal (as necessary) infrastructure projects
- Create, review and maintain documentation
- Liaise with third parties/suppliers/customers as appropriate