This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||West Midlands, UK|
|Salary||£35000 - £41000 per annum|
£35,000 - £41,000 – added benefits include 25 days holiday, 8% pension fund contribution and a potential 10% bonus.
An exciting opportunity has just arisen for a Network Engineer to work for a market leading facilities services organisation.
This role represents the opportunity to become part of a forward thinking dynamic organisation. The role is suited to individuals with telephony experience using Avaya or Mitel.
This opportunity presents a chance to become part of a market leading organisation that prides itself on its high standards of service. The organisation also, offers fantastic career development opportunities. This role comes with a fantastic benefits package that includes 25 days holiday, 8% pension fund contribution and potential for a 10% bonus.
- Resident network technical expert
- Daily operational support and administration activities
- Network technical lead on strategic IT projects
- Key network and telecoms technical lead during “major” incidents
- Shaping an IT service delivery strategy from a technical perspective
- Supporting the IT Service Delivery Managers in achieving the account goals and meeting the contractual obligations
- Liaising extensively with external or internal clients to map network requirements
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems;
- Understanding Network solutions, appliances, software and development lifecycles
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems
- Developing solutions and related products
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met
- Drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedule for complete systems
- Overseeing implementation of a new networks and systems
- Planning and working flexibly to deadlines
- Supporting users on change control and system updates, keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Minimum CCNA Certification
- Extensive Cisco network installation, configuration and maintenance experience
- Provide technical network installations and testing according to design documentation and project planning
- Diagnose faults with customer networks and rectifying within the agreed SLAs
- Monitor and maintain the internal IT networks, systems and perimeters
- Access list / firewall administration
- Demonstrate Health and Safety awareness ensuring a safe working environment at all times
- Experienced as the technical point of escalation for incidents
- Experience of maintaining services in-line with SLA’s
- Providing technical advice in a consulting capacity to both the customer and colleagues
- Investigating and documenting technologies and solutions that may benefit the IT and Telecommunications estate and the customer’s business
- Creating, improving and following documented processes and procedures, including local & corporate, and operating in line with BSI and ITIL frameworks
- Strong technical document authoring and reviewing
- Writing technical proposals and reports
- Excellent customer focus and service-orientated
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Professional and courteous customer-facing manner
- Friendly and approachable
- An eye for technical detail and a “completer/finisher”
- Methodical and self-disciplined
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills
- Actively participate within the GNS team to assist in achieving its goals
If this job appeals to you then contact me ASAP.
Agency - Monarch IT
Contact – Liam Colesby
Telephone – 0121 237 3357