Senior Java Developer, Java 8
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Salary||£350 - £450 per day|
Java 8, Jenkins, SAFe, Agile, Developer, Senior Developer, Microservices
We are contracting a number of software engineers to augment our permanent staff on a variety of projects. Typically this will involve the deployment of a stateless REST/JSON microservice, supporting changes to core systems, certification with third parties and related activity. However, many projects require us to maintain and develop a wide gamut of older systems with more varied technologies.
The developer will;
- Develop, test and deliver changes to our transaction engines, reporting tools and supporting systems
- Have strong engineering skills across multiple technologies/approaches relating to app tier and persistence (minimal or no UI)
- Have a proven record of delivery on large projects with demanding quality, scale and security standards.
- Work effectively in a highly silo’ed corporate environment, with a blend of scrum and stage-gate/waterfall procedures – when work load is split into distinct stages or phases
- Recognize that the success of the team is their success.
- Develop and maintain software applications to a high standard
- Comprehensively test software through automated test frameworks
- In the context of our agile methodology, agree and meet delivery commitments
- Provision of critical insight on designs and code reviews at a low level of technical detail
- Java 8 - Must have
- Spring / Mockito / Cucumber
- RESTful web services, JSON / JMX remoting
- Configuration management (eg Puppet) on a Linux OS (RHEL)
- Git, GitLab / GitHub and continuous integration (Jenkin