Unix - Linux Support Engineer up to £24,500 plus 1K bonus
This is an opportunity for a Unix - Linux Support Engineer to work for my client in the Birmingham area. My client is a large global provider dedicated to payment methods. Employing over 50,000 worldwide employees and serving over 20,000 clients in more than 100 countries, client affords the successful candidate the chance to join an ever growing, financially secure, mass organisation.
As a Unix System Administrator you will work as part of the Operations team, working closely with the Operations Team Leader ensuring integrity of all Unix systems. You will need to possess strong Unix skills, attention to detail, a positive attitude, and the ability to work cohesively with team members.
- Monitoring status of applications, databases, system and network.
- Escalation procedures.
- Disaster Recovery processes and procedures.
- Proven Operations experience in a production, data centre environment monitoring systems and monitoring high critical systems.
- Experience with Windows OS and PC based applications.
- Proven experience with UNIX OS (Linux, AIX preferred).
- Sound Operational experience supporting high-end critical systems.
- Ability to demonstrate ability to do basic Windows system administration tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate ability to use basic intermediate UNIX commands and file system navigation.