Technical Architect, Architect, Agile, TOGAF, COBIT, Zachman, Oracle, Virtualisation, Linux, Message Queuing, JavaEE, Cloud, Docker, AWS
I am currently looking for a Technical Architect
to join a large governmental client of ours on an initial 12 months contract
based in Central London.
This role acts as the technical lead for a variety of Border Systems projects undertaking systems requirement gathering and assessment, producing supplier requests, reviewing and appraising proposals and assuring deliverables.Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for ensuring timely provision of technical artefact's in complex environments
- To understand, explain and present complex technical problems at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- The capture and management of risks, issues and assumptions relating to the above.
- Provide expertise in industry standard and best practice techniques for technical architecture and technical solutions.
- To analyse the technical environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Assure ROM costs for technical solutions ranging from simple standalone through to complex multi-tier / vendor / geographical solutions
- Ensure that a holistic, systems approach including cost and business benefits are taken into consideration and design trade-offs considered.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation detailing design work and the use of technology.
- Present to customers (up to board level) on a regular basis.
- Operate with little or no supervision with wide latitude for independent action
- Review and input into risks and issues logs
- Technical assurance of delivery of crucial National Security capability
If you feel you have required skill-set and experience for this role please apply with your most up to date CV for consideration or email me directly at email@example.com.
- Experience in a large scale agile environment, including familiarity with newer analysis processes such as user story mapping;
- Experienced of technical design in multiple agile and traditional technical projects demonstrating an excellent understanding of technical infrastructure;
- Able to communicate with key stakeholders at varying levels in both written and verbal communication, including the translation of technical communication to something understandable for a wider audience;
- Adhere to agreed project delivery standards ensuring output/delivery is fit for purpose;
- Technical Design and Transition skills
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how these are applied in complex multi vendor solutions, solution architecture/Business architecture skills
- Industry related skills such as TOGAF, COBIT, Zachman
- A mix of traditional skills (Oracle, virtualisation, linux, message queuing, JavaEE) and Cloud/Agile (Docker, AWS)
SC clearance is essential for this opportunity. All applicants must either have current SC clearance or be able to obtain it. Due to the urgent start date for this vacancy candidates who hold current SC clearance or who have held it in the past will have a distinct advantage.