Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack. Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so. Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems. Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment. Have demonstrable experience configuring web and application servers and possess a fundamental understanding of Linux. Have a strong technical foundation in build, release and environments. Have advanced Programming skills. Building and supporting a large production platform.
Key tasks and deliverables
Design and deliver monitoring supporting multiple systems. This is a key role within the team and will provide support and administration of an Enterprise Splunk Platform across varying systems and platforms. Act as a technical specialist, providing technical resolution of incidents for the National system monitoring systems.
- Splunk Enterprise 6 Cluster Administration for large scale multi-site deployments
- • Splunk - Advanced Search, Reporting and Dashboard implementation
- • Splunk - Creating Knowledge Objects
- • Experience in Linux operating system (Ubuntu preferred)
- • Windows 2008 (and above) server administration
- • Scripting knowledge preferably Python,
- • Basic Network Protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, UDP, etc)
- • Knowledge of version control systems, databases, directories and LDAP would be useful.
- • Experience of working in a DevOps environment would be an advantage.
- • Experience in Splunk Software Upgrades
If you have the above skills and experience, please send an up to date CV.