This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic Software Asset Manager to work for my client based in the Birmingham area. My client is a global organisation, currently going through an expansion period and is extremely financially secure. This role will require the successful candidate to act as a primary point of contact for all SAM matters within the Shared Service.
- Ensure all policies, processes and procedures are appropriately documented and communicated.
- Design and implement assurance activities to ensure toolsets, including the CMDB, Software Deployment tool, the DSL and the License.
- Provide reporting and analysis to the Service Request Manager to support the preparation of Financial or budget reporting.
- Maintain a SAM Risk Register and be proactive in helping all stakeholders identify, analyse, mitigate and escalate software asset related risks.
- Must have risk focused, systematic approach to managing software assets.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong understanding of major license models (Microsoft and IBM).
- Use of License and Service Management toolsets eg Snow, System Center (SCCM) and LanDesk.