We are looking to bring on a Senior Linux Engineer to join an Global Media Operation team in Reading for a 6 month contract. The successful candidate will:
- Be taking responsibility for all levels of support, maintenance and development of the Unix and Linux infrastructure.
- Providing assistance to the other areas of the team where the Unix/Linux systems meet with the Mac OS and Windows systems.
- Storage and software development is a must. Required Experience:
- Experience with current versions of Debian and Ubuntu Linux
- Experience of Solaris systems administration is desirable.
- Solid understanding of Networking including configuration of switches/routers - Cisco experience
- Solid experience and working knowledge of file systems and storage configuration and management. Experience of ZFS and its concepts. Storage hardware experience is a must including SAS, ISCSI, Fibre Channel, Disk arrays and RAID configurations.
- Good understanding of virtualisation and cloud technologies. Solaris Zones, KVM, VMware, openneubla / openstack CEPH/ZFS file systems are all very desirable.
- Ability to configure and manage the following services and applications: DNS (bind), DHCP, IMAP (dovecot), SMTP (sendmail), HTTP (Apache), SQUID, haproxy, IP Tables.
- Shell scripting knowledge (bash/ksh/sh) is a must but and any other languages like perl/python/C would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of Configuration Management systems such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Directory services LDAP/NIS
- Hands-on experience with system monitoring tools, such as Nagios, cacti, network weathermaps, rancid and mrtg.
- Hands-on monitoring tool experience such as Nagios, Cacti and MRTG, along with Automation knowledge using things like Make, Puppet and Jenkins.
- programming knowledge in languages such as C, Perl or Python.
- Linux Sysadmin will have experience with current versions of Debian, Centos (RedHat) and Ubuntu Linux
If you feel you are suitable for this role please send over an updated CV and get in touch on 0121 237 3259.