This vacancy has now expired.
I am looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join one of my biggest client’s team to continuously deliver and support changes to organisations systems and business applications across production and all non-production environments. The role involves:
Code and container packaging, Configuration Management, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous integration and continuous delivery, Automated validation/testing & Metrics, monitoring and alerting. Requirements:
- Extensive experience working in a team of 2nd and 3rd line engineers supporting complex muti-tiered business critical systems.
- Detailed understanding of system administration tasks on some of the following;
- Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Coreos, Solaris and Windows)
- Application stacks (e.g. Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Hybirs, IIS, .Net, DNS, Node.js, Solr)
- RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL)
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak)
- Containerisation and micoroservices (e.g. Docker, rkt, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- IaaS and PaaS (e.g. AWS, Openstack, Cloudfoundry, Deis)
- Experience of configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Experience configuring and working with monitoring tools (e.g. Newrelic, Nagios, Zabbix, Unicentre)
- Experience of working with scheduling tools such as Control-M and complex overnight batch processes.
- Experience creating and working with development pipelines using tools such as Git, Jenkins, TFS, Sonarqube, Go CD, Maven, Ant, NPM.
- Exposure to Agile working methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding of DevOps working practices
- Experience of implementing and working with virtual and cloud based infrastructure
- Job type:
£450 - £500 per day