Contracts Manager, Contract Management, Commercial & Contracts Manager, Public Sector, Governmental, Healthcare, NHS
I am currently looking for an experienced Senior Contracts Manager to join a large public sector client of ours on an initial 2-3 months
contract based in Inner London
This role supports the contract management process for the organisation, to ensure delivery of healthcare that is high quality, better value for money and achieves the organisations wider objectives.
Successful delivery of this role involves ensuring contract management for all contract services by ensuring robust systems for proactive contract performance monitoring that enable activity and clinical quality indicators to be specified, monitored, under-performance acted upon and future procurement decisions to be made.Experience Required:
- Experience at a senior level of contracting and performance role within a complex customer focused operation
- Evidence of either an understanding of healthcare commissioning or the ability to become quickly effective in a new commissioning arrangement
- Experience of working within a complex and challenging environment, managing demanding contract relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Facilitate the annual cycle of contract negotiation, agreement and mentoring in line with the CCG commissioning intentions and DH framework to ensure performance against targets and standards.
- Providing exception reports and action plans for activity over performance that attracts additional payments to providers, which are outside the budgetary limits agreed
- Supports the programme and requirements for Clinical Quality Reviews, working closely with the Clinical and Quality Directorate to ensure that all contractual clauses are monitored and reported to the relevant Boards.
- Manages technical meetings with CCGs to ensure any queries in relation to deviation or performance against contracts meet agreed service specifications and commissioning intentions.
- Identifies service opportunities and proposes actions to be worked up with the Strategy Team to bring about further change and improvements.
- Supports the strategic review and the annual cycle of contract monitoring for the CCGs.
- Attends CCG meetings to ensure that commissioning objectives with providers are met.
- Able to effectively lead and manage a team within a matrix structure, where there are multiple points of accountability. The CSU will be a fluid and evolving environment and it is expected managers are able to cope with ambiguity, work collaboratively in cross functional teams and manage multi interfaces.
- The post holder is accountable as a senior manager for implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the work of their teams, and for ensuring their staff are trained in using SOPs. In addition they are expected to champion the use of SOPs, include training in all induction programmes for new staff and development plans for existing staff, and contribute to the creation and maintenance of SOPs as required as part of the corporate SOP development process.
If you feel you have the required skill-set and experience for this role, please apply for the position with your most up to date CV or send it to me directly and i shall be in touch - email@example.com