My client is looking for a Ruby Developer to be responsible for there development of there back office administration system written in Ruby on Rails. Initially you will be tasked with refactoring some legacy parts of the application, Upgrading the entire framework and then enhancing the application to be more manageable and performant.
Although Ruby development is your primary skill, you will be a team player happy to deliver anything the team needs to meet their goal. You will also be key in helping the transition of the applications from Rails 1.3 to a more modern architectureEssential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- · Good experience of developing high traffic sites using Ruby on Rails.
- · 5+ years Ruby developer experience.
- · Understand the principles of scalable and maintainable object-oriented code.
- · Experience writing tests, automating these and adopting TDD.
- · Exposure to Java development
- · Exposure to the Ext JS web framework
- · Knowledge of docker, especially how to run ruby applications inside docker
- · Apigee
- · Code Linting (Static Analysis)
Located in Central London and for an initial 6-12 month contract, day rate is dependant on experience. If you would like to be considered for this role then please send your updated CV over to me asap.